Sanskrit Essentials with Shelley
Sanskrit is the language of yoga. Each sound-byte of Sanskrit contains potent energetic qualities; little seeds that awaken intrinsic knowledge deep within you.
These sonic building blocks enhance the subtle body experience of any yoga or meditation practitioner.
Come on a distinctive journey with me learning how you can incorporate Sanskrit into your practice.
12 hours of pre-recorded classes
What you will learn:
- Proficiency in the Sanskrit Alphabet (50 sounds)
- How to use the Alphabet as a mantra practice
- Invoke Sarasvati: the Goddess of the Sanskrit Alphabet
- Transliteration & correct diacritical marks
- How to read Vedic Meter
- History of Sanskrit as a sacred language
- Names of 30+ yoga poses in Sanskrit & correct pronunciation (includes asana practice)
- Bija Mantras
- The first 3 yoga sutras in Sanskrit & Vedic Meter
- Practice Devanagari Script
Benefits of chanting Sanskrit:
- Tones the nervous system & vagal tone
- Activates & clears the throat/voicebox/mouth
- Initiates natural pranayama (refinement of breath)
- Invigorates the subtle body
- Primes the layers of Being for the higher states of yoga
- Builds community with sonic vibration
- Accesses ways to practice yoga, even if your body can't do the 'physical' poses
ALL LEVELS WELCOME
Shelley's workshops are inspired by 20 years of study (formal & informal) of Comparative Religions & Eastern Philosophy, in-depth yoga practices, Sanskrit chanting, and traditional Tantric sadhana.
"As my education in Ayurvedic and yoga studies heightened, it wasn't until Shelley's Sanskrit Alphabet class did my interest soon gave way to love. It shifted, vetted, and confirmed all that I had been missing in not only dove-tailing these two sister traditions, but stirred a passion for Sanskrit studies, and mantras that has continued with me several years later. I highly recommend even the curious novice seeker to take the plunge!"
~Pam Doerr, 500RYT